What We Are Doing to Keep You and Our Team Safe.
We are excited to have the opportunity to welcome you back! Indeed, the government and regulators have given the green light to the resumption of our activities from june 1st. Our office has always utilized personal protective equipment (PPE) and standards of asepsis that met all the guidelines established by the Ordre des Dentistes du Québec, however, in light of the COVID-19 Pandemic, we have instituted additional guidelines and protocols to ensure your safety.
Below is a list of some of the enhanced precautions we have taken to protect you in addition to extensive team training on infection control and patient management procedures.
- Personalized arrival procedures to guide you from your car directly to treatment rooms to eliminate contacting surfaces.
- Maintain distancing in the reception area for essential caregivers and parents of minors if they cannot wait in a vehicle or outside the clinic.
- Removed magazines and items that can harbor or transfer germs of any kind. Hand sanitizers will be positioned throughout the clinic.
- Temporary closure of the children’s playroom.
- Providing more education materials to enhance your awareness of health issues related to this pandemic.
- We strongly recommend that you come with a mask or face covering that you will remove once in the treatment room. As there is a shortage of masks, we will not be able to provide them to you.
- Installed sneeze guards or droplet barriers at all reception areas.
- Require hand washing and hand sanitizing before all appointments by our team and by our patients.
- Introduce an oral pre rinse by all patients to reduce exposure to germs.
- Record temperature of every patient upon entering the office.
- Record the oxygen saturation of each patient at the beginning of their appointment.
- Record the temperature and lung efficiency of every team member each day at beginning and end of work period.
- Possibility of payment arrangements in advance to avoid delay and allow contactless exit from the appointment.
- Enhanced operatory disinfection procedures of all surfaces between patients.
- Ambient air management with HEPA purifiers continuously in treatment rooms and common areas to remove germs from circulating air.
- New personal protection equipment like visors, gowns, and head covers for our doctors and team to provide barriers against the smallest of germs.
- Introduce protocols to reduce or eliminate airborne aerosols during all dental procedures.
- Management of all outside mail and packages that enter the building.
- Longer appointment times for you to prepare and complete all appointment tasks and duties in the safest and most comprehensive manner.
- Providing teledentistry services for follow up lab reports or communication that can be done online or through video education.
- Provide disease testing recommendations for exposure detection to viruses.
We are aware that all these changes could shake up your habits in relation to your appointments. Fornow, they are necessary, because your safety and that of our employees is ourpriority. Together we will have to adapt to a new reality!!
Looking forward to seeing you soon
Dr Christian Lafrenière, Dre Isabel St-Pierre and the team