A revolutionary procedure!
Over the years, teeth—and even restorations—will naturally wear down and get damaged. Your restorations are especially put to the test, becoming fragile and prone to breaking over time.
Thanks to CEREC technology, it’s now possible to reinforce your teeth and regain that initial solidity that traditional restorations cannot provide.
CEREC protects your tooth and greatly extends its longevity. Even the quality of your chewing will improve!
More about CEREC
THE CEREC PROCEDURE
Your dentist will use a miniature digital camera that looks like a pen to capture images of your tooth. So you won’t be asked to bite down on that awkward impression device that often causes patients to gag.
Images are then sent to the CEREC software, which will generate a 3D model. This virtual model will then be transferred to the manufacturing equipment, which will build your custom-made ceramic restoration. The dentist can then immediately set the restoration in your mouth.
CEREC technology has many advantages:
- The only material able to reinforce what’s left of your tooth
- Long lasting (often more than 20 years!)
- Biocompatibility (perfectly mimics the natural enamel of your tooth and does not contain metal or mercury)
- Only one visit required (and thus, only one local anaesthetic)
- No impressions or temporary solutions required while waiting for the final restoration to be manufactured in an external lab